Friday, October 10, 2008

Chaos at work!

So yes, I've been AWOL for a couple of weeks now. Life's just been too busy. Instead of trying to catch you up on everything that's gone on for the past two weeks, here's what happened yesterday.

My office has been using Groupwise for e-mail since I started working here over a year ago, and for probably a long time before that. Until yesterday, when we migrated to Outlook. Chaos ensued.

For some of us young professionals, the migration was no big deal and to some of us it was even welcomed with open arms. Being a part of the generation that job hops, most of us have used Outlook before and are aware that it is a better program. Others in our office have been here for years and years, long enough to have either never used Outlook or to have wipe all memory of it from their minds. The day was almost a total waste. Even for people who knew what they were doing, it was still an adjustment, plus adding in time to answer questions from everyone else like "How do I get rid of the reading pane?"

Not only did we switch e-mail programs, but we updated to Office 2007. I spent 30 minutes trying to figure out how to "Save As"

I like to think I'm pretty flexible and learn knew programs and processes pretty quickly, but even I was frustrated yesterday. I can't wait until our requisite office fuddy duddy who can't handle change will take all of this when she returns from vacay on Monday...

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Who is our resident office fuddy duddy? Who? Who?!?